Earlier this month I collaborated with Poshlocket to create a spring cocktail to match with their fresh colored, beautiful pieces and provide entertaining inspiration for the new season. Nothing represents the end of winter and the start of spring like a light, citrus cocktail. Blood oranges are at their ripest and perfect for juicing and the french 75 lends the perfect base to showcase their flavor.
- 1 1/2 ounces gin
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice
- 1 1/2 ounces blood orange juice
- dash simple syrup
- blood orange slice
- In a cocktail shaker over ice, mix gin, lemon juice, blood orange, and simple syrup.
- Strain into a coupe glass or champagne flute.
- Fill the rest of the glass with champagne.
- Garnish with a blood orange slice.