This delicious and unexpected chicken liver pate, blackberry, and hazelnut crostini is sure to be your next party hit. It is filling, fruity, crunchy, savory, and nutty all in the same bite. I frequently enjoy pates with jams and decided to translate this concept to account for the fresh summer berries that tempt me on each shopping excursion. Next, radishes are my go to for crunch and a bit of a bite for any dish and add an unexpected, but delicious element to this appetizer. Bonus points if you have leftover pate and get to make yourself some pate and cornichon sandwiches for lunch!
- chicken liver pate
- 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- 1/3 cup radish, sliced finely into matchsticks
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 baguette, sliced on the diagonal
- In a small saucepan, place blackberries, sugar, and 1/4 cup water. Heat on medium until berries are mushy. Bring almost to a boil and then reduce to a low simmer until compote thickens to desired texture. Remove from heat.
- To assemble, spread pate on baguette slice, creating a little well in the center.
- Spoon approximately 2-3 berries plus some extra syrup into the pate well created on each crostini.
- Garnish with radish and toasted hazelnuts.