This is a simple “brinner” (Breakfast for dinner, coined from Scrubs) recipe that is delicious, filling, and super easy to make. I love the creaminess of the avocado and smoked salmon together… well pretty much anything plus avocado is ok in my book. We had some leftover onion from a salad that I also decided to saute and add to the party.
- Smoked Salmon
- Avocado, sliced
- Eggs (1-2 per person)
- Bread, sliced
- Salt and pepper (Bacon salt in this case, yummm)
- Butter or olive oil to saute
- Fry eggs, sunny side up in skillet until white are cooked and yolk is thick, but not firm.
- Meanwhile, toast the bread slices.
- Pile on egg, avocado, salmon and any other additions i.e. sauteed onions or tomatoes to toast.
- Add salt and pepper and MANGER!
You can also add ketchup (a la Kevin) or mayo, or some other sauce, but in my opinion, the runny egg yolk acts as the perfect sauce. Do you have a favorite “brinner” recipe?
Happy Hump Day!