Happy Halloween folks and in celebration and in the continuation of my Halloween cocktails mini-series, here is the Raven cocktail. This delicious blackberry cocktail is a twist on your basic mojito, but evil enough to ladle out of a cauldron at your Halloween fete this weekend. See after the jump for ingredients and recipe for Halloween themed cocktails.
- fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar
- 6 blackberries
- 1 1/2 ounces white rum
- 1/2 cup sparkling cranberry juice
- In a cocktail shaker, using a muddling stick, muddle the mint and sugar. Add the blackberries and muddle to get the juice out, but not so much that they are completely mushed.
- Add in ice and white rum. Shake.
- Pour into glass. Add in the sparkling cranberry juice.
- Garnish with mint sprig and enjoy!