Roast beef and horseradish is a tried and true flavor profile for a reason… it works and these roast beef and horseradish crostini are no exception to the rule. The make a fantastic party appetizer to whip up even if you are short on time. See after the jump for ingredients and recipe…
(makes approximately 24):
- baguette, sliced on an angle into 1/4-1/2″ pieces
- 3/4 lb. sliced roast beef from your local deli
- 1 8 ounce bottle minced horseradish or fresh grated horseradish
- 1 8 ounce container Crème fraîche (sour cream works too)
- fennel fronds
- Spread baguette slices on a baking sheet and quickly toast under broiler for approximately 1 minute. Note cook time depends on your oven, but toast until tops are golden and crunchy.
- Taking small pieces of roast beef, fold a little envelope of meet and place on crostini.
- Mix approximately 4 tablespoons horseradish with 1/3 cup crème fraîche. Note that horseradish is strong and individuals have their personal preferences for how much so make sure to mix to taste and not to overpower guests.
- Place a dollop of the horseradish crème fraîche mixture on each crostini.
- Finally garnish with a fennel frond and serve.
What are your go to party quick bites?