This isn’t a meal, obviously, but it is a great, quick appetizer that can be made in a pinch from things either in your freezer or cupboard if you have guest coming over last minute. Leftovers also make for a great snack, that is if you have leftovers. It is also a great alternative (or accompaniment) to hummus and would make a good addition to a crostini bar at a party.
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- olive oil
- sprig of rosemary
- can of white kidney beans
- bag or can of artichoke hearts
- lemon, juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Rough chop the garlic. Cover in a small bowl with some olive oil. Heat in microwave for 30 seconds to a minute. This cuts back on the spiciness. Personally I LOOOOVEEEE garlic and put it in raw, but others (aka the Boy) don’t like the anti-vampire breath effect.
- Peel the leaves off the rosemary sprig and mince.
- Drain the beans, reserving the liquid.
- Add the beans, artichoke hearts, garlic with olive oil, and rosemary to the food processor.
- Start to blend and as needed add the lemon juice and extra olive oil to facilitate the puree process.
- Once desired texture is reached, salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with toasted crostini and olives!
What are your favorite easy entertaining recipes? What do you put out if guests are coming over last minute?